This Vegan Pumpkin Pie recipe is rich, creamy, delicious, and so easy to make. Made with just 8 simple ingredients, it’s perfect for the holidays and sure to be a family favorite. This delicious pie is custardy, rich, and loaded with pumpkin spice flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Place all the pie filling ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until everything is completely smooth. Stop and scrape down the sides as needed.
- Pour the creamy pumpkin filling into the pie dish lined with the homemade crust.
- Bake pie for 55-65 minutes. The pie will look all loose, wiggly, and wobbly in the center with cracks on top, but that’s totally normal. It will firm up as it cools.
- Remove from the oven and let pie cool until it’s room temperature. Cover the pie with plastic wrap and let chill in the fridge for 4-6 hours. But, overnight is best.
- Remove from the fridge and serve!
Remember, while this is considered a “whole food, plant-based” dessert, it should be enjoyed sparingly…like on Thanksgiving. Just don’t make every day Thanksgiving. Enjoy.
Be sure and use fresh or canned pumpkin. Do not use pumpkin pie filling. FYI, canned is the easiest.
Easy Vegan Pie Crust: My easy vegan pie crust is the healthiest and best option for this recipe. I would not recommend using store-bought crusts as they are usually filled with processed ingredients and oil.
Cornstarch: This is a very important ingredient because it helps the pie to set up after it has cooled. You can also use arrowroot or tapioca starch as well.
Coconut Milk: You MUST use canned full fat, unsweetened coconut milk in order to get the custard consistency. Do not use something like almond or soy milk. Your pie will not set up properly and will be more like a thin pudding.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: I used my homemade pumpkin pie spice. If you don’t have all the ingredients you can simply use cinnamon.
Storing & Freezing: You can cover your pie and store in the fridge for up to a week. To freeze, wrap it in a few layers of plastic wrap and then aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn. Then store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 308
- Sugar: 26.8 g
- Sodium: 140.7 mg
- Fat: 8.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.5 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 4.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: pumpkin pie, vegan pumpkin pie, low-fat, plant-based, holiday, Fall, Thanksgiving