This delicious vegan chickpea kale salad is so easy to make and ready in 20 minutes. It’s made with spicy chipotle chickpeas, kale, avocado, and topped with a creamy garlicky tahini dressing.
- 1/2 cup SoCo Tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
- (2) 15-ounce can low sodium or no salt added chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy or tamari sauce
- 2 tsp. chipotle chili powder. (If you want it hotter add more. Less hot, not so much.)
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 5 cups loosely packed chopped kale
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Prepare the tahini dressing, slice the tomatoes, and then set aside.
Make The Chickpeas
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- While the pan is heating, drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Add chickpeas, soy sauce, and all spices. Mix well until the chickpeas are completely coated. Cook until moisture has disappeared from the pan, usually a couple of minutes.
- Set aside.
Assemble Chipotle Chickpea Kale Salad
- Add the kale to a large platter or salad bowl. Dice the avocado and massage into the kale by hand for 30-45 seconds. This will tenderize the kale and make sure all the leaves are coated with the avocado. Then, squeeze the juice from the lemon evenly over the kale and give a quick toss.
- Top with the chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, and tahini dressing. Toss well to coat. Serve immediately.
- This salad can be kept in the fridge for 2-3 days but is best when enjoyed right away.
- Category: Salads & Dressings
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: garbanzo bean kale salad, chopped kale salad, vegan kale salad, chickpea kale salad, chipotle chickpea kale salad, chickpea and kale salad, chickpea and kale salad recipe