This Cranberry Apple Crisp is the perfect easy dessert recipe for the holidays. Made with fresh tart cranberries, crisp sweet apples, and covered with a crunchy oat crumble that’s naturally sweetened and spiced with cinnamon. It’s vegan, healthy, gluten-free, and so delicious!
Cranberry Apple Filling
- (2) 12-ounce bags of fresh cranberries
- 3 large Honeycrisp apples peeled, cored, and chopped
- Juice from 2 oranges or 1/3 cup of pure orange juice
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350˚F.
- Peel, core, and chop the apples. Combine the apples, cranberries, orange juice, and maple syrup in a large mixing bowl. Mix well and pour into a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the Crumble Topping ingredients and stir until everything is well combined. Then, evenly spread the mixture on top of the cranberries and apples.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-45 minutes until the apples are tender, the filling is bubbling, and the crumble is golden brown.
- Remove and serve as is or top with homemade vegan whipped cream.
Serve as is or top with vegan whipped cream. This also makes a great breakfast dish.
Can this be made in advance? Yes! Prepare and bake the crisp as directed, let it cool completely, then cover it and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy. To reheat, cover loosely with foil so the crumble top doesn’t burn, and place in a preheated oven at 350˚F for 15 minutes or until it warms through.
How do I store leftovers? You can store leftovers, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze it? Yes! Bake the crisp according to recipe instructions and allow to cool completely. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap, aluminum foil, and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
What apples are best for a fruit crisp? Honeycrisp apples are my favorite. But, you’ll want to use apples that are firm and sweet to offset the tartness of the cranberries. Soft apples will break down into apple sauce when you cook them. Some of my other preferences are Pink Lady, Granny Smith (more tart), Braeburn, and Jonagold.
- Category: Sweets
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Dessert, Holiday, Gluten-Free
Keywords: cranberry apple crisp, cran apple crisp, apple cranberry crisp, apple cranberry dessert, holiday, vegan dessert recipes