This Cranberry Apple Crisp is the perfect easy dessert recipe for the holidays. Made with fresh tart cranberries, crisp sweet apples, and covered with a crunchy oat crumble that’s naturally sweetened and spiced with cinnamon. It’s vegan, healthy, gluten-free, and so delicious!
Are you still wondering what to do with all those leftover cranberries from Thanksgiving? I get it. They can sometimes feel like a “once a year” thing. But, cranberries ain’t just for cranberry sauce. They make one fine dessert crisp.
This recipe for Cranberry Apple Crisp is absolutely divine and easily my new favorite crisp. The cranberries get all soft and juicy, the apples bake up so warm and tender, and the topping is crumbly, crisp, and delicious!
Oh, and it doesn’t end with dessert. It’s the perfect indulgent holiday breakfast as well. And, just for fun, be sure and top it with some of my coconut Vegan Whipped Cream. Trust me on this one. OK, I’m sure I’ve convinced you. Let’s get to cooking!
⏲ Baking Time
Baking time will be around 35-45 minutes because every appliance is different. You want the filling to be tender, hot, and bubbly.
🥘 Ingredients For Cranberry Apple Crisp
- Cranberries: Fresh is best, but frozen works.
- Apples: Honeycrisp, Fuji, or Gala are my favorite. The sweetness is a great compliment to the tartness of the cranberries.
- Orange Juice: I prefer to squeeze it directly from the orange. It adds a nice citrusy sweetness.
- Maple Syrup
- For the Crumble: An oat and maple syrup-sweetened streusel topping with a base of rolled oats for a hearty crunch. A mix of almond meal and all-purpose gluten-free flour hold everything together. Walnuts add a healthy crunch, and applesauce replaces the oil and prevents the topping from becoming too dry yet still giving you a crisp topping.
🔪 How To Make Cranberry Apple Crisp
A deliciously simple and healthy Cranberry Apple Crisp recipe made from scratch but comes together rather quickly.
First things first, start by preheating your oven to 350˚F.
- Fruit Filling: Peel, core, and chop the apples. Combine the apples, cranberries, orange juice, and maple syrup. Mix well and pour into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Make The Crumble Topping: Combine the oats, almond flour, gluten-free flour, walnuts, cinnamon, salt, applesauce, maple syrup, and mix until everything is well combined. Then, evenly spread the mixture on top of the cranberries and apples.
- Bake: Now, it goes in the oven and bakes until it’s bubbly and golden brown! The aroma is quite intoxicating.
That’s it! A delicious, easy, and healthy vegan Cranberry Apple Crisp.
This Cranberry Apple Crisp can be served cold, at room temperature, but it’s best, HOT and bubbling, right out of the oven! I love topping it with a hearty dollop of homemade coconut Vegan Whipped Cream.
It’s also a healthy and delicious breakfast option or afternoon snack.
💭 Pro Tips And FAQ
Can this be made in advance?
Yes! Prepare and bake the crisp as directed, let it cool completely, then cover it and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy. To reheat, cover loosely with foil so the crumble top doesn’t burn, and place in a preheated oven at 350˚F for 15 minutes or until it warms through.
How do I store leftovers?
You can store leftovers, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze it?
Yes! Bake the cranberry apple crisp according to recipe instructions and allow to cool completely. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap, aluminum foil, and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
What apples are best for a fruit crisp?
Honeycrisp apples are my favorite. But, you’ll want to use apples that are firm and sweet to offset the tartness of the cranberries. Soft apples will break down into apple sauce when you cook them. Some of my other preferences are Pink Lady, Granny Smith (more tart), Braeburn, and Jonagold.
More Cranberry and Apple Recipes
You’re going to love this Vegan Cranberry Apple Crisp. It’s tart, naturally sweetened, fruity, healthy, gluten-free, and the perfect holiday dessert or breakfast.
Be sure and subscribe to Shane & Simple so you never have to miss a recipe. And, if you try this recipe don’t forget to leave a comment with a star rating. I would be eternally grateful because it helps more than you know! Blessings.Print