Smooth and creamy hummus that’s better and healthier than what you buy in the store. And, you don’t need oil! Creamy smooth oil-free homemade hummus with all the flavor and none of the guilt.
- 2 15-ounce cans low-sodium or no salt added Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 TBSP. white vinegar
- 1 TBSP. low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Throw garlic into food processor and chop it up pretty fine.
- Scrape down garlic bits, add lemon juice and tahini to food processor and blend 30-45 seconds until it begins to form a paste. Stop to scrape down sides and bottom of food processor and blend for another 30 seconds. You want the paste to be smooth and creamy.
- Once the tahini paste is smooth and creamy, scrape down the sides and the bottom once more, add cumin and process for about 30 seconds.
- Once again, scrape the side and bottom of the food processor and add 1 can of chickpeas and blend for 30-45 seconds. Stop to scrape down the sides and bottom of food processor. Pour in second can of chickpeas, soy sauce, and vinegar and blend for 1-2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides and bottom if necessary, until it creates a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp. of reserve chickpea liquid for desired consistency and blend or another minute or until the hummus is smooth and creamy.
- Spoon onto a plate or in a bowl, sprinkle the top with paprika or smoked paprika, and enjoy.
- Category: Side, Snack