These crispy Blackened Tofu steaks are marinated in soy sauce, coated in a spicy blackened seasoning, and then cooked to perfection. They’re hearty, delicious, and so easy to make!
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Slice the tofu through the center so that you create two separate slabs. Then, cut each of those slabs in half to make 4 steaks. I cut them into triangles, but do as you prefer.
- Place the tofu in a dish with a flat bottom. Then, pour in the soy sauce and let the tofu marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Add the blackened seasoning spice onto a plate or dish with a flat bottom. Press the tofu into the spices and rotate until all sides are covered fairly well.
- Cook in a hot nonstick skillet for 3-5 minutes per side. I love using cast iron for this recipe.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Pan fry
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: blackened tofu, blackened seasoning, grilled tofu, tofu recipes