This vegan Apple Butternut Squash Soup is perfect for cool weather. Creamy and loaded with fall flavor, it’s easy to make, requiring only 5 ingredients. It’s completely oil-free and gluten-free and perfect for your fall or winter holiday table, especially Thanksgiving.
- 1 butternut squash (approximately 4 cups), peeled and diced
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups of low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep Your Ingredients: Start by peeling and dicing the butternut squash, chopping the apples and onion, and gathering your vegetable broth, ground cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer to Perfection: In a large pot, combine all the ingredients: the diced butternut squash, chopped apples, and onions, along with the vegetable broth. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Cover the pot and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until the squash and apples are tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Season to Taste: Once the butternut squash and apples are soft, it’s time to add some seasoning. Stir in the ground cinnamon and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend Until Smooth: Using an immersion blender, carefully blend the mixture until it becomes velvety smooth. Be very careful when blending hot liquids because they can splatter.
- Adjust Consistency: If you prefer a thinner soup, you can add more vegetable broth until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Serve and Enjoy: Ladle the creamy Apple Butternut Squash Soup into bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or a few apple slices if you feel like being fancy.
- Serving Size: 1 (of 8)
- Calories: 75
- Sugar: 7.6 g
- Sodium: 53.3 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.2 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: apple butternut squash soup, easy butternut squash soup recipe, Fall, Winter, easy vegan recipes, plant-based recipes, gluten-free