This savory vegan cheese spread is packed with garlic and herbs and is so easy to make. Serve this delicious dairy-free cheese on sandwiches, crackers, toast, or bagels. Healthy, oil-free, and gluten-free!
- To a high-speed blender or food processor add the water, lemon juice, garlic, and almond flour. Blend until the texture is smooth and creamy. You may have to stop a couple of times to scrape down the sides. You can also add 1 tablespoon of water at a time to help the blending process, but don’t add too much or you will get runny cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to a small mixing bowl, add nutritional yeast and herbs, and stir until everything is well combined. Taste and season with salt as necessary.
- Spoon the vegan cheese spread into the desired container, make sure it’s packed really well, place it in the fridge, and allow the cheese to sit for 1-2 hours if you prefer a firmer spread.
- Enjoy with veggies, crackers, bagels, or sandwiches.
Turn this into a really nice cheese ball simply by wrapping it in a cheesecloth or plastic wrap and letting it set up in the fridge.
Be sure to add all of the liquid to your blender before the almond flour. It will process much easier and give you a much better consistency.
Top with fresh chives, nuts, or dried cranberries for to create an amazing holiday appetizer.
Add a little lemon zest before blending if you prefer a lot zing in your cheese.
If you are having a hard time getting everything to blend add a little water at a time until everything is creamy. But, don’t add too much water or you will get runny cheese.
Serve on a holiday tray with veggies and crackers.
Use as a deliciou garlic and herb cream cheese for bagels or toast.
It makes a great mayo replacement on sandwiches.
If you don’t store it in the fridge it makes and incredible dip.
Toss in some of my Vegan Parmesan and then mix it in with your favorite pasta for a delicious dish.
- Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
- Calories: 89
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 1.5 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.8 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan cheese, garlic herb vegan cheese spread, vegan cheese spread, holiday cheese spread