The BEST and easiest Sauteed Kale recipe! Seasoned with nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and a little lemon juice. It’s oil-free and ready to eat in as little as 10 minutes. The perfect side dish!
- (1) 10-ounce bag of chopped kale (roughly 5 cups)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Once the pan is ready add the kale and cook for a few seconds then add the water to sautee. Cook until the kale starts to wilt and turns bright green. If you don’t have a large enough skillet for all the kale you can just cook it in batches. Just be sure and divide the water equally for each batch.
- Transfer the cooked kale to a large serving bowl and toss with the nutritional yeast and garlic powder. Drizzle with the lemon juice and serve.
- This kale is great by itself, but try these optional toppings: Vegan Parmesan, Garlicky Lemon Tahini Dressing, Lemon Wedges, Red Pepper Flakes.
Cooking time is one for one batch.
Use whatever type of kale you prefer. I like cooking with curly kale.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: sauteed kale, sauteed kale with garlic and parmesan, delicious kale recipes, sauteed kale with garlic and lemon