- (1) 10–ounce bag of chopped kale (roughly 5 cups)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Remove the stems and roughly chop the kale leaves. You could also use a bag of pre-chopped kale as well.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. My favorite skillets are these Ballarini pans. They’re inexpensive, cook evenly, and nothing sticks. I love cooking pancakes in them too.
- Once the pan is ready add your kale and let it cook for several seconds. Add the water, stirring occasionally, and cook the kale until it wilts and turns bright green. It should be fairly tender.
- NOTE: If you don’t have a large enough pan, cook the kale in smaller batches.
- Transfer all the kale to a large serving bowl, add the nutritional yeast and garlic powder then toss.
- Finally, top it all off with a drizzle of fresh lemon juice.
Cooking time is one for one batch.
Use whatever type of kale you prefer. I like cooking with curly kale.
- Prep Time: 5 mins.
- Cook Time: 5 mins.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 19
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 8 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.7 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: sauteed kale, sauteed kale with garlic and parmesan, delicious kale recipes, sauteed kale with garlic and lemon