This is the Best Fluffy Vegan Pancakes recipe! These easy vegan pancakes are made with just 7 simple ingredients, completely plant-based, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Saturday mornings never tasted so good.
Life is full of disappointments. But, your pancakes should never be one of them. Remember those delicious, made from scratch, fluffy pancakes grandma used to make? They symbolized all that was good and true in the world. So, it stands to reason you don’t want to run the risk of having your Saturday morning spoiled by some less-than-average pancake.
But, is there a vegan pancake recipe that can live up to those old memories? Do fluffy vegan pancakes actually exist? Is there a homemade vegan pancakes recipe out there that will truly satisfy the soul?
YES, YES, AND YES!!!
These Fluffy Vegan Pancakes are absolutely incredible! Oil free, egg free, dairy free, and truly mouth-watering.
So, let’s stop talking and get to making some of the best homemade vegan pancakes…EVER!
I already have several vegan pancake recipes on Shane & Simple. But, I’ve always wanted to come up with a homemade vegan pancake recipe that was truly light and fluffy. And, didn’t use any processed ingredients like oil, vegan butter, etc.
I wanted to give people the pancake experience they remember growing up and still keep it healthy.
It proved to be harder than I thought. Because, obviously, I don’t use eggs, butter, or dairy which is the essence of an old-timey homemade pancake recipe. And, I don’t cook with oil. So, to say this recipe was challenging would be putting it mildly.
But, after several attempts and lots of ingredients…SUCCESS! These are truly some of the best pancakes I’ve ever eaten or made. And, my kids say the same thing.
Can Vegans Eat Pancakes?
Yes! These Fluffy Vegan Pancakes are the perfect example. You don’t need dairy or eggs to make incredible vegan pancakes. Honestly, this recipe is proof that less is more when it comes to ingredients.
The best thing about these pancakes is that they are a blank canvas. You can add just about anything you want to them. Get creative!
They’re perfect with warm maple syrup. But, I also love to spread my Strawberry Chia Jam between the layers and then top with a little syrup. Absolutely delicious!
Some of our favorite add-ins are non-dairy chocolate chips, strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries. And, then top them with walnuts and sliced bananas. Starting to get the picture?
How Do You Make Fluffy Vegan Pancakes?
This recipe is so simple and the perfect example of “less is more.”
All you need is 1 bowl and 7 simple ingredients.
- Organic unbleached flour (you may also use whole wheat pastry flour, whole wheat flour or white whole wheat flour)
- Your preferred dry sweetener (organic cane sugar, maple sugar, or date sugar) But, you can omit this if you prefer.
- Baking powder
- Just a pinch of salt
- Unsweetened almond milk or soy milk if you prefer
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Vanilla extract
Start out by adding the organic unbleached flour, dried sweetener, baking powder, and salt to a mixing bowl. Whisk all the ingredients together until they are well combined.
Add the almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla to a large measuring cup or small bowl. Whisk everything together and let it sit for a couple of minutes. The vinegar will create vegan buttermilk which helps the pancakes get fluffy.
Once your vegan buttermilk is ready, make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add your wet mixture. Whisk everything together until the batter is smooth, but don’t overmix.
Now, let the batter sit for at least 5 minutes to give the baking powder time to work. This is when the magic happens. It’s how you make vegan pancakes fluffy.
Once the batter is ready, spoon the desired amount of batter onto your cooking surface. Most people use ¼ cup of batter, but I like using ½ cup because I want BIG pancakes. You can make 8 large pancakes or 12-16 smaller ones.
Let the first pancake/pancakes cook for about 5 minutes. (For some reason, in my experience, it takes that first one a little longer to cook) Once the top starts to bubble up and the edges brown just a bit, flip it and finish cooking.
That’s it! The best Fluffy Vegan Pancakes!
What To Serve With Easy Vegan Pancakes
You can create an amazing breakfast with these pancakes with a few other of my recipes. Yes, they are perfect by themselves but try some of these additions to create a Saturday morning feast no one will soon forget.
Tips For Making The Best Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
Yes, ingredients matter when it comes to making delicious Fluffy Vegan Pancakes from scratch. But, procedure and equipment are also important.
- Use a good nonstick frying pan or griddle. Very important! But, you don’t have to break the bank. My personal favorite is Ballarini nonstick pans. I use them all the time. And, they’re what I used to make the pancakes you see in the photos. NO OIL or SPRAY and the pancakes don’t stick. They’re amazing!
- NO HIGH HEAT! This is one of the most common pancake mistakes people make. Set your pan on medium heat and allow it to completely heat up before making the pancakes.
- Don’t overmix your batter! Whisk it until it’s smooth then stop. And, if there are a few lumps, that’s ok. Too much mixing will cause the pancakes to come out flat and firm. (that’s what she said)
- Let the first pancake or pancakes you pour cook for at least 5-6 minutes. You want to see a few bubbles start to appear on top and the edges to look a little cooked. Then, flip and let the pancake finish cooking.
- Finally, let the batter sit for at least 5 minutes after mixing! Because we are not using oil or eggs it’s important to allow the baking powder to do its job. This is how you get delicious Fluffy Vegan Pancakes.
You will LOVE these Fluffy Vegan Pancakes! They are…
- Easy to make
- So satisfying
- Absolutely delicious!
More Delicious Easy Vegan Pancake Recipes
- Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- Five Ingredient Easy Vegan Pancakes
- Vegan Peanut Butter Pancakes
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
If you make this recipe be sure and let me know. Please leave a comment below with a star rating. And, be sure to share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #shaneandsimple. I want to see your work!Print
Save this recipe & PIN IT HERE!