Easy and delicious classic Three Bean Salad. It’s made with chickpeas, red kidney beans, cannelini beans, cucumber, celery, a few simple spices, and a delicious oil free sweet and tangy dressing.
Three Bean Salad
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley (about 1/2 a bunch)
- 1 15- ounce can chickpeas (low-sodium or no salt added, rinsed and drained)
- 1 15- ounce can red kidney beans (low-sodium or no salt added, rinsed and drained)
- 1 15- ounce can cannellini beans (low-sodium or no salt added, rinsed and drained)
Three Bean Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice the onion and celery – add to a large bowl.
- Deseed the cucumber, first, by cutting in half lengthways. Next, scoop out the soft seeds by running a teaspoon over the seeds. DON’T DIG INTO THE CUCUMBER! You want to leave the “meaty” part of the cucumber. Now, cut in half lengthways again and dice. Toss into the bowl with the onion and celery.
- Finely chop the parsley and toss into bowl. Add all the beans and mix until everything is well combined. (For some, fresh parsley is a bit strong so feel free to leave it out if it ain’t yo’ thang.)
- Mix dressing ingredients in a measuring cup or small bowl, pour over salad, and toss well.
- Let chill in the fridge for a couple hours so the beans can absorb all the flavors. But, if you can’t wait, go ahead and eat. But, you really should practice patience.
*Nutrition info based on 6 servings. *If you can’t find low-sodium or no salt added beans, use regular beans. Just be sure to drain and rinse very well.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 148
- Sugar: 6.8 g
- Sodium: 28.6 mg
- Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Protein: 7.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg