Easy and delicious classic Three Bean Salad. It’s made with chickpeas, red kidney beans, cannellini beans, cucumber, celery, a few simple spices, and a delicious oil free sweet and tangy dressing.
Remember old fashioned three bean salad? Who doesn’t? It’s pretty much a requirement at any summer picnic or church potluck.
It’s a great dish because it’s quick, simple to make, and loaded with nutrients. And, you probably already have most, if not all of the ingredients, just sitting in your pantry and fridge.
You really should put this Three Bean Salad on your shortlist of things to make this summer for family dishes. It’s oil-free, loaded with protein and fiber, low-fat, and delicious. Fresh and clean, baby.
Let’s make it!
How To Make Three Bean Salad
This recipe is so easy, requires only a few ingredients, and is absolutely delicious.
Start by dicing your celery and red onion. Then, toss them into a large mixing bowl. Deseed the cucumber, first, by cutting in half lengthways. Next, scoop out the soft seeds by running a teaspoon over the seeds. But, DON’T DIG INTO THE CUCUMBER! You want to leave the “meaty” part of the cucumber. Now, simply cut in half lengthways again and dice. Toss it into the bowl with the onion and celery.
Finely chop the parsley and toss it into the bowl. Drain and rinse the beans, add them to bowl, and mix everything together.
Finally, pour the dressing over the salad and mix everything together. Place it in the fridge and let it chill for at least a couple of hours. You want to give the dressing time to soak into the beans and the allow flavors to come together. It brings this thing to life and the taste is pure electric.
When you’re ready to serve, remove the bean salad from the fridge and allow it to “almost” reach room temperature. But, if you can’t wait, enjoy it cold.
Is 3-Bean Salad Healthy?
Yes, this is a healthy three bean salad recipe if there ever was one. First, it’s oil-free so no unnecessary fat. And, once you make this you will soon see you don’t need it.
Beans are a modern-day superfood and have been around for centuries. They’re also what the gladiators ate. That’s right! Check out this article.
You need beans in your diet. They provide tons of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. And, they’re loaded with protein.
Also, beans have little to no fat and are cholesterol-free. And, beans actually lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels instead of causing them to increase.
So, enjoy your summer without feeling greasy on the inside. You will love this classic Three Bean Salad recipe because it’s…
- Super simple to make
- Sweet & tangy
- Protein & fiber-rich
- Clean & fresh
This is three bean salad is great all by itself, but feel free to get creative. You can serve it on top of some mixed greens, use it to make a cold noodles dish, or even make a wrap.
More Quick & Easy Vegan Recipes For Summer
- Smoky Bacon Flavored Hummus
- Creamy Smooth Oil-Free Hummus
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Hummus
- Amazing Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Green Powerhouse Summer Smoothie
- Peaceful Easy Feeling Buddha Bowl
Easy and delicious classic Three Bean Salad. It’s made with chickpeas, red kidney beans, cannelini beans, cucumber, celery, a few simple spices, and a delicious oil free sweet and tangy dressing.
Three Bean Salad
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley (about 1/2 a bunch)
- 1 15- ounce can chickpeas (low-sodium or no salt added, rinsed and drained)
- 1 15- ounce can red kidney beans (low-sodium or no salt added, rinsed and drained)
- 1 15- ounce can cannellini beans (low-sodium or no salt added, rinsed and drained)
Three Bean Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice the onion and celery – add to a large bowl.
- Deseed the cucumber, first, by cutting in half lengthways. Next, scoop out the soft seeds by running a teaspoon over the seeds. DON’T DIG INTO THE CUCUMBER! You want to leave the “meaty” part of the cucumber. Now, cut in half lengthways again and dice. Toss into the bowl with the onion and celery.
- Finely chop the parsley and toss into bowl. Add all the beans and mix until everything is well combined. (For some, fresh parsley is a bit strong so feel free to leave it out if it ain’t yo’ thang.)
- Mix dressing ingredients in a measuring cup or small bowl, pour over salad, and toss well.
- Let chill in the fridge for a couple hours so the beans can absorb all the flavors. But, if you can’t wait, go ahead and eat. But, you really should practice patience.
*Nutrition info based on 6 servings. *If you can’t find low-sodium or no salt added beans, use regular beans. Just be sure to drain and rinse very well.
- Category: Salad, Side
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Vegan