Easy vegan breakfast tacos stuffed with scrambled tofu, roasted potatoes, avocado, black beans, and salsa. Healthy, hearty, and delicious!
- 8 corn tortillas
- (1) 16-ounce block of extra firm tofu (Firm tofu may also be used)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (tamari for gluten-free)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1 batch of Oil-Free Oven Roasted Potatoes
- (1) 15-ounce can of black beans (Low Sodium or No Salt Added)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or diced
- Chopped cilantro
- Fresh lime juice
- Chopped red or green onion
Make The Scramble
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Crumble the tofu by hand and add it to the skillet. Let the tofu cook for 5-6 minutes. Add the nutritional yeast, soy sauce, garlic powder, and turmeric. Continually stir and cook for about 5-10 minutes. Make sure all the spices are completely mixed with the tofu. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove tofu from heat, set aside, and prepare to make tacos.
Assemble the Tacos
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and warm in the microwave for 10 seconds (optional).
- Fill each of the corn tortillas with desired amounts of tofu scramble, potatoes, black beans, avocado, and salsa. Top with chopped cilantro and fresh lime juice.
- The tofu scramble makes enough for 8 smaller tacos. But, I tend to go a bit overboard and make larger tacos.
Prep time and cook time is assuming the potatoes have already been cooked.
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 362
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 485.6 mg
- Fat: 7.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 53.5 g
- Fiber: 12.5 g
- Protein: 20.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan breakfast tacos, healthy breakfast tacos, vegetarian breakfast tacos, vegan recipes, plant-based breakfast tacos