Easy vegan breakfast tacos stuffed with scrambled tofu, roasted potatoes, avocado, black beans, and salsa. Healthy, hearty, and delicious!
You couldn’t ask for a better way to start the day than with these Healthy Vegan Breakfast Tacos! Never had a taco for breakfast? Well, you’re in for a treat my friend.
This hearty vegan breakfast dish is sure to hit all the major comfort zones. And, don’t let the fact this recipe is super healthy fool you. These plant-based breakfast tacos are for real!
So, let’s get to wrapping…some tacos.
Ingredients You’ll Need
I LOVE this recipe and it’s one of my favorite breakfast dishes. It’s easy, filling, and delicious. These savory healthy breakfast tacos use a couple of my own recipes along with just a few other simple ingredients.
Here is everything you need plus a few extras and some substitution ideas to make these vegan breakfast tacos.
- Tofu Scramble: I used my recipe, Easy Vegan Tofu Scramble. But, there’s a super simple version listed in the recipe card down below. Tofu ain’t your thing? Leave it out and crumble up some of my Spicy Vegan Breakfast Sausage or sub in some mushrooms.
- Oil-Free Oven Roasted Potatoes: Again, another one of my own recipes. This is a great dish for using leftover potatoes. So, always make extra.
- Corn Tortillas: You can use any tortilla you like, but I prefer corn.
- Avocado: I love the creaminess and texture this wonderful little fruit adds. But, you can always leave it out.
- Black Beans: Black beans are a great source of protein and fiber. And, they add a hearty texture as well.
- Salsa: What’s a taco without salsa? Not much.
- Cilantro: Sprinkle a little chopped cilantro on top to make this dish bright and electric.
There you have it. Just plain, simple, and whole-food ingredients coming together so you can start the day right.
Easy Vegan Breakfast Tacos
These vegan breakfast tacos are perfect for a weekend breakfast with your family or friends. They’re simple, filling, and guaranteed to stay in the rotation.
I would suggest prepping the tofu scramble and roasted potatoes ahead of time so there’s very little to do when you’re actually ready to make them.
Toppings For Breakfast Tacos
These vegan breakfast tacos are perfect as is but try these other amazing toppings.
- Vegan Sour Cream: If you like sour cream I got you covered. Try my Cashew Sour Cream or Easy Vegan Tofu Sour Cream for that extra “zing.”
- Cheese: Missing cheese on your taco? Ain’t no shame in that. Try this Easy Vegan Queso on top of your morning taco. It’s pretty glorious.
- Chopped red or green onion adds a little more crunch and even more savoriness.
As you can see, the sky is the limit with these healthy breakfast tacos. So, get creative. It’s all good!
You will love these easy Vegan Breakfast Tacos! They’re…
- Loaded with protein
- Absolutely delicious
More Vegan Taco Recipes
Be sure and let me know if you try this recipe! Leave a comment and rate it below. I want to know what you think. Peace and feast!Print
- 8 corn tortillas
- (1) 16-ounce block of extra firm tofu (Firm tofu may also be used)
- 2 ½ Tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (tamari for gluten-free)
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- 1 batch of Oil-Free Oven Roasted Potatoes
- (1) 15-ounce can of black beans (Low Sodium or No Salt Added)
- ½ avocado, sliced or diced
- Chopped cilantro
- Fresh lime juice
- Chopped red or green onion
Make The Scramble
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Crumble the tofu by hand and add it to the skillet. Let the tofu cook for 5-6 minutes. Add the nutritional yeast, soy sauce, garlic powder, and turmeric. Continually stir and cook for about 5-10 minutes. Make sure all the spices are completely mixed with the tofu. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove tofu from heat, set aside, and prepare to make tacos.
Assemble the Tacos
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and warm in the microwave for 10 seconds (optional).
- Fill each of the corn tortillas with desired amounts of tofu scramble, potatoes, black beans, avocado, and salsa. Top with chopped cilantro and fresh lime juice.
- The tofu scramble makes enough for 8 smaller tacos. But, I tend to go a bit overboard and make larger tacos.
Prep time and cook time is assuming the potatoes have already been cooked.
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 20 mins.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 362
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 485.6 mg
- Fat: 7.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 53.5 g
- Fiber: 12.5 g
- Protein: 20.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan breakfast tacos, healthy breakfast tacos, vegetarian breakfast tacos, vegan recipes, plant-based breakfast tacos