Tangy vegan kale slaw recipe made with carrots, red onion, and a creamy oil-free dressing. Healthy and full of flavor, it’s a great alternative to coleslaw. Dairy-free, gluten-free, and soy-free!
- Mix the kale, carrots, and onion together in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl whisk together the vegan mayo, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw mix and use your hands to massage with kale and mix all of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper as needed and add any extra fresh herbs or seeds that you wish.
- Enjoy immediately or chill in the fridge for a couple of hours allowing the slaw to marinate.
- Place leftover kale slaw in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You can store leftover kale slaw in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If you are someone who likes to meal prep this salad is a great option. Kale is hearty and I think it’s better once it’s had to time marinate for a couple of days so the leaves soften just a bit.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 10.6 g
- Sodium: 139.4 mg
- Fat: 7.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.3 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan kale salad, vegan kale slaw, easy vegan recipes, oil-free recipes, plant-based recipes