Lasagna rolls stuffed with a spinach ricotta cheese made with tofu and covered with your favorite pasta sauce. Healthy, hearty, super-easy to make, and absolutely delicious!
For The Tofu Ricotta
- 1 x 14 oz. block firm or extra firm tofu (NOT Silken)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (depending on how “cheesy” you want your ricotta)
- 3 tbsp. Italian seasoning. Or (you can use 1 Tbsp. dried basil, 2 Tbsp. dried oregano)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach (chopped or whole)
For The Sauce
- 2 x 28 oz. can of low-sodium crushed tomatoes. If you like your sauce a little chunky, use 1 can crushed tomatoes and 1 can diced tomatoes.
- 2 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (adjust according to spice preference)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
For The Lasagna
- 1 box whole grain lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
To Make The Tofu Ricotta
- Break tofu apart and put in food processor. Add lemon juice, nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt. Blend until fairly smooth and ingredients are well combined.
- Add spinach and pulse 8-10 times or until spinach is chopped well and incorporated into ricotta.
To Make The Sauce
- Place tomatoes and spices in a large pot and simmer over medium to medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
To Make The Lasagna
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions
- In a 9×13 baking dish , pour 1/2 the sauce into the bottom of the pan. Strain noodles and prepare to make the lasagna rolls.
- Lay noodles out one at a time, place a spoonful of Easy Vegan Ricotta onto the noodle and spread until the noodle is covered. Once covered, start at one end of the noodle and roll it up like a sleeping bag. Place into the baking dish and repeat process until all rolls have been assembled.
- Pour remaining sauce on top of all noodles, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serving Size: 2 Lasagna Rolls
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 178.6 mg
- Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.6 g
- Fiber: 6.3 g
- Protein: 13.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg