So, you had a really bad day at work; the in-laws are driving you up the wall; and, to make matters worse, you’re hungry. A good meal would help, right? But, the thought of cooking only adds more stress to your life. What are you going to do?!? This is what you are going to do: Slip into your favorite sweat pants, whip up a batch of my Oil Free 8-Minute Marinara Sauce, pour it over your favorite whole-grain pasta and give yourself a freaking food coma!
What makes my sauce so much better than store-bought sauces? Apart from the fact it’s fat-free, chemical-free, cheap to make, delicious, doesn’t have ingredients you can’t pronounce, can be made in less than ten minutes and healthy, I really can’t think of one reason.
This sauce is super versatile. It goes great on pasta, pizza, or better yet, my Easy Vegan Lasagna Rolls.
It’s also pretty awesome with my Plant-Based Parmesan as well. Yeah, baby!
And, as always, be sure and let me know if you try this recipe! Leave a comment, take a picture, post it on Instagram and tag the photo#shaneandsimple so I can see your dish. If you want to be kept up to speed on all that’s going down with Shane & Simple and my latest recipes SUBSCRIBE HERE!
A simple, fresh and delicious marinara sauce that is perfect for pizza or pasta. 7 ingredients, less than 10 minutes to make, no oil, and fat-free.
- 2 28 oz. can of low-sodium crushed tomatoes. Or (if you like your sauce a little chunky, use 1 can crushed tomatoes and 1 can diced tomatoes.)
- 2 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (adjust according to spice preference)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Place all ingredients in a large pot and simmer over medium to medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for another 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over your favorite pasta or use for pizza sauce.
This is the perfect recipe to top with my Plant-Based Parmesan.