Easy Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie. Made with non-dairy chocolate chips, natural peanut butter, and resting in a delicious nut crust. Rich, dark, creamy, smooth and absolutely delicious. 8 simple ingredients and no baking.
For The Crust:
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed
For The Pie Filling:
- 1 12- ounce box firm or extra firm Silken Tofu. IT MUST BE SILKEN.
- 1 cup non-dairy chocolate chips (I love Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cup all natural nut butter of choice (I prefer peanut butter)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
To make the crust:
- Make the crust by adding nuts, maple syrup and coconut to food processor. Blend into little bits and pieces. It should also be sticky. Dump crust ingredients into a nonstick pie pan or large nonstick tart pan, and spread evenly by pressing with your hands. Make sure the curst goes up on the sides of the pie pan. If using anything other than nonstick, use parchment paper or just a bit of cooking spray to ensure the crust doesn’t stick. I prefer a 9 or 10 inch nonstick tart pan.
To make the filling:
- Melt chocolate chips in small sauce pan over low heat or using a boiler. Be careful not to let burn. Go ahead and place remaining ingredients in blender while chocolate chips are melting.
- Once chocolate chips are melted add to blender with other ingredients and process for about a minute or until smooth. Stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Pour pie filling into pie crust and evenly spread.
- Place in freezer for 45 mins. or in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Allow to set up. For best results, let sit in the fridge for 24 hours – if you can wait that long.
- Top with non-dairy chocolate chips, berries, or serve plain.
This pie is not meant to be an “everyday” thing. Even thought it’s made with all whole food, natural ingredients it’s still high in fat. Good fats, but still fat. So enjoy responsibly:) My goal was to create a healthier dessert alternative for special occasions for us crazy vegans and plant addicts. I think I succeeded.
- Category: Dessert