Vegan peanut butter bread inspired by a 1930s depression-era recipe. Made with just five simple wholesome ingredients, this easy quick bread is light, fluffy, and delicious! Perfect for breakfast or a snack.
- 2 cups of organic unbleached flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups of oat milk (sub plant-based milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare a standard loaf pan by lining it with parchment paper .
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oat milk, peanut butter, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake the bread for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the bread is completely cool, slice it into pieces and serve.
- almond butter, blueberry compote, strawberry chia jam, chocolate ganache, dairy-free chocolate chips, or sliced fruit.
DON’T overmix the batter! Overmixing will cause the bread to be dense and firm after it sets. Stir the ingredients just enough to make sure everything is well combined.
Let the bread completely cool before slicing into it. Slicing too soon will cause the slices to fall apart. It’s best once it has had time to set up.
Forget about using a stoneware loaf pan. It takes longer to heat up and retains the heat longer, which could result in a burnt outside and runny inside.
This vegan peanut butter bread is not overly sweet. So, you can adjust the sweetener to fit your taste or leave it out altogether.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 233
- Sugar: 8.1 g
- Sodium: 215.9 mg
- Fat: 8.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 6.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: peanut butter bread, depression-era recipe, vegan peanut butter bread, plant-based, oil-free, quick bread