The BEST Vegan Zucchini Bread recipe! Cinnamon and nutmeg combined with healthy grated zucchini to make an incredible Fall loaf. Oil-Free and delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups organic unbleached flour, whole wheat pastry flour, whole wheat flour, or white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 flax egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 1 medium sized zucchini)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F˚
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients together until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Next, in a separate mixing bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients until everything is well combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix until everything “just” combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Pour your batter into a loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. Use a nonstick loaf pan, silicone loaf pan, or line a loaf pan with parchement paper. Baking time will depend on your appliance so be sure and pay attention to your zucchini bread. The bread is done when you can insert a toothpick or knife into the center and it comes out mostly clean with no raw or runny batter.
- Remove the zucchini bread from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes. Then, remove the bread from the loaf pan and let it sit on a wire rack until it has completely cooled. If you don’t have a wire rack just use a cutting board.
- Cover and store your leftovers for 3-4 days at room temperature.
Keywords: plant-based, easy zucchini bread, vegan zucchini bread, healthy, no oil, best zucchini bread, zucchini bread recipe