The BEST Vegan Zucchini Bread recipe! Cinnamon and nutmeg are combined with healthy grated zucchini to make this incredible bread. It’s oil-free, fluffy, moist, and absolutely delicious. Perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a healthy snack.
Who says a summer squash recipe has to be raw or in the form of a casserole? Not me. That’s for sure.
Take summer up a notch by baking a batch of this sweet healthy Vegan Zucchini Bread! You’ll enhance your home with the aroma of REAL cinnamon and nutmeg, receive some well-deserved high fives, and satisfy your stomach. All because you decided to make the BEST Vegan Zucchini Bread on the planet.
Well done. Now, let’s make it!
How To Make Vegan Zucchini Bread
- First, preheat the oven to 350 F˚.
- Add your dry ingredients to a large bowl. And, whisk everything together until it’s all well combined.
- Next, add all your wet ingredients, including the shredded zucchini, to a separate bowl and mix well. Yes, I included the brown sugar as a wet ingredient.
- Now, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix until everything is “just” combined. DO NOT OVERMIX! This will activate the gluten in wheat flour and cause the bread to become very dense.
- Pour the vegan zucchini bread batter into a nonstick loaf pan or silicone loaf pan. If you don’t have either you can simply line one with parchment paper.
- Place the vegan zucchini bread into the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes. Remember, baking time will depend on your appliance. So, be sure and pay attention to your zucchini bread.
- Once a knife or toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean the bread is done. There should be no raw or runny batter.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and allow it to cool in the loaf pan for 10-15 minutes. Then, remove the vegan zucchini bread from the pan and allow it to cool completely cool on a wire rack before you serve it. If you don’t have a cooling rack just use your cutting board.
- Slice it up and enjoy. It’s great for breakfast or brunch with a delicious hot cup of your favorite morning beverage.
I kept this vegan zucchini bread recipe pretty basic because it’s perfectly delicious on its own. But, here are a few of my other favorite additions you can try. Feel the freedom to get creative.
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Sprinkle some pumpkin seeds on top
How Do I Make Gluten Free Vegan Zucchini Bread
OK, in all honesty, I have yet to make a gluten-free version. BUT, I do have friends that have used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour. And, they have said it works well. You could also try gluten-free oat flour as well.
So, if it doesn’t work out blame them. If you love it, my name is Shane and this is Shane & Simple.
How Do I Store Vegan Zucchini Bread
You can store this delicious bread for 3-4 days at room temperature. Place it in an airtight container, use plastic wrap, or a large ZipLoc bag so it doesn’t dry out.
However, I highly doubt it will last long enough to save.
Can I Freeze Vegan Zucchini Bread
Yeppers. It’s one of the best things about this recipe. Simply bake it, let it cool, wrap it up in aluminum foil, and stick it in the freezer.
When you’re ready just place it in the fridge and let it thaw overnight. Then, allow it to come to room temperature. All that’s left is to slice, serve, and enjoy!
This Vegan Zucchini bread will keep for two months in the freezer. So, make a few loaves and have them on hand for the Fall and Winter holidays.
More Delicious Vegan Bread Recipes
- The Best Vegan Banana Bread
- Five Ingredient Whole Wheat Beer Bread
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
I think you’re going to love this Vegan Zucchini Bread Recipe. It’s…
- Oil-Free (not even coconut oil)
- The perfect blend of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Perfect for Fall
- Easy to make
- & Delicious
Enjoy this delicious healthy vegan zucchini bread on a summer day with a nice refreshing glass of Lemon Cucumber Water.
Other Articles You Might Find HelpfulPrint
The BEST Vegan Zucchini Bread recipe! Cinnamon and nutmeg combined with healthy grated zucchini to make an incredible Fall loaf. Oil-Free and delicious!
- 1 ½ cups organic unbleached flour, whole wheat pastry flour, whole wheat flour, or white whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 flax egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 1 medium sized zucchini)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F˚
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients together until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Next, in a separate mixing bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients until everything is well combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix until everything “just” combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Pour your batter into a loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. Use a nonstick loaf pan, silicone loaf pan, or line a loaf pan with parchement paper. Baking time will depend on your appliance so be sure and pay attention to your zucchini bread. The bread is done when you can insert a toothpick or knife into the center and it comes out mostly clean with no raw or runny batter.
- Remove the zucchini bread from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes. Then, remove the bread from the loaf pan and let it sit on a wire rack until it has completely cooled. If you don’t have a wire rack just use a cutting board.
- Cover and store your leftovers for 3-4 days at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 13.2 g
- Sodium: 66.6 mg
- Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.6 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: plant-based, easy zucchini bread, vegan zucchini bread, healthy, no oil, best zucchini bread, zucchini bread recipe