- 3 cups whole-wheat pastry flour (may sub whole-wheat flour or white whole-wheat flour)
- 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoon active dry yeast (1/4 oz. packet)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Mix the non-dairy milk, warm water, and yeast together.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the dry ingredients and mix as thoroughly as possible with a wooden spoon. Use your hands to finish combining all of the ingredients and then work into a ball.
- Cover the mixing bowl with a clean dish towel and let the bowl sit on the counter at room temperature for 2 hours. The dough should double in size.
- Preheat your oven to 430˚F.
- Divide the dough into two equal pieces.
- Place one portion of the dough onto a piece of parchment paper, lightly dust the pizza dough with flour, and press the dough out with your hands into a 10-inch circle. You could also use a rolling pin to roll the dough out as well. If it’s a bit sticky sprinkle with more flour.
- Leave the dough on the parchment paper and transfer it to a pizza pan. Then use a fork to poke holes in the dough.
- Top with oil-free pizza sauce and your favorite veggies then bake for 15-20 minutes until the crust is golden.
- Repeat the process with the other portion of dough.
Nutrition info is for pizza dough only without any toppings.
Use lukewarm water NOT hot water because it will kill the yeast. Trust me on this one.
Letting the dough rise is called proofing and it’s important so the yeast will rise. The dough needs to be in a warm place. Not dark and cool.
Let your oven heat for at least 10 minutes after it has preheated to the suggested temperature. This will ensure your crust bakes all the way through.
Don’t overload your pizza with a ton of sauce and toppings. The crust won’t hold up and it will be hard for everything to cook completely. And, everyone will make fun of you.
- Prep Time: 5 mins.
- Sitting Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 15 mins.
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 165.2 mg
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: whole wheat vegan pizza dough, whole wheat pizza dough recipe, whole wheat vegan pizza crust, vegan pizza dough, vegan pizza crust