Chocolate-covered frozen bananas are a delicious no-bake healthy treat the whole family will love. Easy to make, vegan, and gluten-free, they’re the perfect summer dessert.
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half crosswise. Insert a popsicle stick or skewer into each half and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze the bananas for at least 1 hour, or until they’re firm.
- While the bananas are freezing, prepare the chocolate coating. Place the chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, heat in the microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Take the frozen bananas out of the freezer and dip them into the chocolate, using a spoon to help coat them evenly. You can also use a pastry brush to spread the chocolate on the bananas.
- If you’re adding toppings, sprinkle them onto the chocolate while it’s still wet. You can use chopped nuts, shredded coconut, sprinkles, or any other toppings you like.
- Place the chocolate-covered bananas back on the parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for at least 30 minutes, or until the chocolate is set.
- Once the chocolate is set, you can wrap the bananas individually in plastic wrap and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
For a healthier option, use dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa solids.
Experiment with different toppings, such as crushed pretzels or dried fruit.
For an extra flavor boost, you can add a teaspoon of vanilla extract or a pinch of flaky sea salt to the melted chocolate.
To make the bananas easier to dip, you can cut them into smaller chunks and use toothpicks instead of popsicle sticks.
Wrap leftover frozen chocolate covered bananas in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Serving Size: 1 banana
- Calories: 213
- Sugar: 21.2 g
- Sodium: 0.6 mg
- Fat: 10.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.5 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chocolate covered frozen bananas, healthy treat, summer, easy vegan recipes, easy plant-based recipes, gluten-free dessert