These Holiday Oven Roasted Vegetables made with tamari, balsamic vinegar, and maple syrup are the perfect holiday side dish! Oil-free, gluten-free, healthy, and absolutely delicious.
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 lb. small potatoes (tri-color), cut in half
- 1 medium red onion, largely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium tamari (soy sauce if not gluten free)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds (optional)
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. While the oven is heating up whisk the balsamic vinegar, tamair sauce, maple syrup, rosemary, and thyme together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Put the veggies in a large mixing bowl and pour the balsamic mixture over them. Use a wooden spoon or your hands to mix the veggies in the marinade until they are well coated.
- Line a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper and spread the veggies out evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes. The veggies should be crisp and tender. If not, cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.
If you are using the cranberries and pecans simply add the cooked veggies to a large mixing bowl and stir in the pecans and cranberries.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: holiday, christmas, thanksgiving, vegan, plant-based, oven roasted potatoes, side dish, healthy recipes