Rich and creamy Homemade Vegan Creamed Corn recipe. Plant-based, vegan, low-fat, and ready in as little 20 minutes.
- 2 lbs. frozen sweet corn (32-oz. bag or 2 16-oz. bags)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk or plant-milk of choice
- 1/2 medium-sized onion (chopped)
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- salt (adjust to taste)
- black pepper (adjust to taste)
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and sautee onions and garlic until the onions are soft. Add a couple tablespoons of water to pan in order to prevent sticking if needed.
- Reduce heat to medium, add corn, and cook for 8-10 minutes. You want to make sure the corn is completely thawed and hot.
- Add the almond milk, flax, remaining seasonings and stir gently to combine. Let cook for 5-6 minutes after stirring.
- Depending on how thick you want it, transfer 1/3 to 1/2 of the corn mixture in the skillet to your food processor or blender and blend until fairly smooth. Pour this mixture back into the skillet with the whole corn kernels and heat for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.