This vegan whipped cream recipe is made with canned coconut milk and so easy to make. Perfect for topping all your non-dairy and vegan desserts, 1 bowl with 3 ingredients and 5 minutes is all you need.
- Place the coconut milk in the refrigerator and let it chill overnight. Do not shake or tip the can or the milk may not separate from the water.
- 10 minutes before whipping, chill a large mixing bowl in the refrigerator.
- Remove the can of coconut milk from the fridge and open it without tipping or shaking. You should see that the cream has separated from the water, risen to the top, and hardened.
- Scoop out the hardened cream into your chilled mixing bowl and leave the water in the can. Add the maple syrup and vanilla and whip until everything is fluffy, smooth, and creamy. Usually about 1 minute or so.
- Use it immediately or refrigerate. It will thicken as it sets up in the fridge.
This will keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
If your coconut milk doesn’t harden it is more than likely a bad can or dud. Sadly, this does happen on occasion.
Use as a topping on Vegan Pumpkin Pie, Blueberry Pancakes, and delicious Vegan Belgian Waffles.
Keywords: vegan whipped cream, vegan whipped cream recipe, coconut milk whipped cream, dairy-free