This vegan whipped cream recipe is made with canned coconut milk and so easy to make. Perfect for topping all your non-dairy and vegan desserts, 1 bowl with 3 ingredients and 5 minutes is all you need.
Who doesn’t love a BIG OLE DOLLOP of whipped cream on top of their pumpkin pie or apple crisp? It’s one of those little things that make a big difference in the life of a dessert. But, you probably thought eating a healthy, oil-free vegan diet meant no toppings for your pie. WRONG!
This dairy-free, refined sugar-free topping is perfect for all your favorite vegan desserts. And, it’s great on top of breakfast dishes like blueberry pancakes, Belgian waffles, and oil-free granola. This vegan coconut whipped cream recipe is fluffy, smooth, and one of the best dairy-free replacements I’ve found. And, I’m quite certain you’ll agree. LET’S MAKE IT!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Making your own vegan whipped cream is a lot simpler than you think. And, it’s much healthier than store-bought versions. You only need 3 natural, wholesome ingredients.
How To Make Vegan Whipped Cream
Vegan whipped cream is the perfect dairy-free alternative to regular whipped cream. It’s so easy to make your own healthy, dairy-free, vegan-friendly version. You simply use quality full fat coconut milk instead of heavy whipping cream! It’s that easy.
How To Make Whipped Cream With Canned Coconut Milk
- Place a 14-ounce can of full-fat coconut milk in the refrigerator and let it sit overnight. This allows the coconut milk to harden and separate from the liquid. Don’t use the freezer. 10 minutes before you read to use it place a large mixing bowl in the fridge so it can chill.
- Open the can and spoon out the hardened coconut milk off the top into the chilled bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Be sure and leave any clear liquid in the can. Add the maple syrup and vanilla to the bowl.
- Beat on high until it’s whipped and fluffy.
That’s it! This vegan whipped cream recipe could not get any easier. It requires very little time and effort and uses no oil or refined sugar. But, it’s so delicious. I try to keep 2-3 cans in the fridge at all times so I can whip it up in a jiffy.
What To Serve With Vegan Whipped Cream
SO, HAVE YOURSELF A DOLLOP OR TWO…OR THREE! It’s the perfect topping for recipes like Best Vegan Pumpkin Pie, Vegan Apple Crisp, Oil-Free Granola, Vegan Blueberry Pancakes, and The Best Vegan Belgian Waffles just for starters.
Tips For Making Perfect Vegan Whipped Cream
- Place the coconut milk in the fridge overnight, NOT the freezer. Chilling overnight is essential or it won’t harden and will be too soft to whip.
- Use full-fat coconut cream or milk otherwise it won’t thicken up or froth as well.
- Chill your mixing bowl and mixer attachments for 10 minutes before whipping.
- Use immediately or place in the fridge for 2-3 hours and it will firm up even more.
- Be sure and use quality coconut milk. Dud cans for cheaper brands can be a bit more common, but less so with quality brands. I prefer Thai Kitchen’s organic coconut milk.
Yes, absolutely! It’s great for making 2-3 hours ahead of time and storing in the fridge until your’e ready to use it.
Store any leftovers in an air tight container then place in the freezer. When you’re ready to use simply set it out on the counter to thaw.
It will up to 2 weeks stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
This Vegan Whipped Cream is dairy free, fluffy, creamy, smooth, vegetarian, naturally sweet, and delicious!Print