This No Yeast Bread is delicious and so easy to make. All you need is 1 bowl and 3 simple pantry staple ingredients. It’s perfect when you need bread in a hurry. No yeast. No proofing. And, no oil.
- 4 cups organic unbleached flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 2/3 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 375˚F.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt to a large mixing bowl and whisk until everything is well combined. Then, add the applesacue and water.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon begin stirring everything together until most or all of the wet ingredients are absorbed. Then, proceed to use your hands to knead the dough until the texture is consistent.
- Lightly flour a baking stone, pizza stone, or pizza pan lined with parchment paper. Layout the dough, form it into a cirular shape, and flatten it until it is about 1 – 1 1/2 inches thick. If it is thicker than that it will not bake all the way through.
- Take a sharp knife and make a large “X” in the top of the dough that is about 1/2 – 3/4 of an inch deep.
- Bake the bread for 40 minutes or until done. The bread will have more of a homemade biscuit texture and will only brown slightly on the top and around the bottom edges. Remove from the oven and tap the bottom of the bread. If it sounds hollow and empty it’s done.
- Slice, serve, & enjoy!
If gluten-free, try using oat flour or Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1 to 1.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: no yeast bread, yeastless bread recipe, no yeast bread recipe, oil-free, no yeast bread recipe easy