This vegan No Yeast Bread is delicious and so easy to make. All you need is 1 bowl and 3 simple pantry staple ingredients. It’s perfect when you need bread in a hurry. No yeast. No proofing. And, no oil.
I realize it ain’t the prettiest bread. But, with all that’s going on, we can’t be too picky. And, let’s face it. How many of you actually have yeast sitting in your pantry right now? That’s what I thought.
Baking regular bread can be a chore and difficult. But, this no yeast bread recipe is a game changer. It’s so simple and ready to eat in less than an hour. So, you no longer have to brave the herd at the grocery store when you run out of bread.
You can make this no yeast masterpiece quickly and on the cheap. Ready? Let’s do it!
Can You Make Bread Without Yeast?
Yes, absolutely! But, it’s not going to be what you know as traditional bread. That being said, it’s still very delicious and it’s homemade. For me, it’s like a big homemade biscuit. It’s dense on the inside but has rustic and crusty outside. It’s the perfect “emergency bread.”
Ingredients You’ll Need
This bread is simple to make and perfect if you don’t have yeast or simply prefer not to use it. And, you only need 3 ingredients if you don’t count the water and salt.
Here’s every thing you’ll need:
- Organic unbleached flour – I prefer Bob’s Red Mill
- Baking Powder
- Unsweetened Applesauce – use this as the oil replacement
- Salt to taste
How To Make Yeastless Bread
(Full recipe is at the bottom of this post)
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to a large mixing bowl. And, whisk until everything is well combined.
- Add the applesauce, but don’t stir or mix.
- Pour in the water and begin stirring with the handle of a wooden spoon until most of the ingredients are absorbed. Then, use your hands to knead the dough until the texture is consistent.
- Lightly flour a baking stone or pizza stone. If you don’t have either you can simply use a nonstick baking sheet or line one with parchment paper.
- Press the dough out into a circular shape and make sure it is no more than 1 to 1 ½ inches thick. It will not cook all the way through if it’s too thick.
- Next, take a sharp knife and make a large “X” in the top of the dough that is about ¾ of an inch deep.
- Finally, bake the bread for 40 minutes or until done. The bread will have more of a homemade biscuit texture and will only brown slightly on the top and around the bottom edges. Once the bread finishes baking remove it from the oven and tap the bottom. If it sounds hollow, the bread is finished.
And, there you have it. A delicious yeastless bread recipe that will satisfy your craving and make the whole family happy.
See, there’s no “knead” (see what I did there) to go out into the public while all the crazy is going on just to buy bread. Use your readily available pantry staples to make this fresh homemade bread.
How Do I Use No Yeast Bread
This no yeast bread is super versatile and there are several ways to enjoy it just like any other loaf.
- It’s excellent for sandwiches
- A perfect side for soups, chili, and pasta
- Enjoy it as breakfast toast with Strawberry Chia Jam
- Cut it into squares, sprinkle with some Italian seasoning, and toast to make croutons for your salad
More Healthy Vegan Bread Recipes
- 5 Ingredient Whole Wheat Beer Bread
- Healthy Vegan Banana Bread
- Vegan Zucchini Bread
- The Best Vegan Cornbread
Can I Make Gluten Free No Yeast Bread?
I have not yet tried to make a gluten-free version of this bread. But, oat flour or Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour would be my choice.
How Long Will No Yeast Bread Keep In The Freezer
Basically, two weeks. Remember, this is homemade bread and there are no preservatives. If you do want to freeze this bread allow it to cool completely, wrap it in plastic wrap, place it in a Ziploc bag, then seal it and toss it in the freezer.
You are going to love this No Yeast Bread. It’s…
- Easy to make
- 3 ingredients
- Absolutely delicious
Be sure you are keeping your pantry stocked with all the basic essentials. Check out Must-Have Healthy Vegan Food Staples, Emergency Plant-Based Vegan Pantry Staples, 30 Vegan Pantry Staple Recipes, 25 Immune Boosting Recipes, & 70 Vegan Comfort Food Recipes.Print
This No Yeast Bread is delicious and so easy to make. All you need is 1 bowl and 3 simple pantry staple ingredients. It’s perfect when you need bread in a hurry. No yeast. No proofing. And, no oil.
- Preheat your oven to 375˚F.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt to a large mixing bowl and whisk until everything is well combined. Then, add the applesacue and water.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon begin stirring everything together until most or all of the wet ingredients are absorbed. Then, proceed to use your hands to knead the dough until the texture is consistent.
- Lightly flour a baking stone, pizza stone, or pizza pan lined with parchment paper. Layout the dough, form it into a cirular shape, and flatten it until it is about 1 – 1 ½ inches thick. If it is thicker than that it will not bake all the way through.
- Take a sharp knife and make a large “X” in the top of the dough that is about ½ – ¾ of an inch deep.
- Bake the bread for 40 minutes or until done. The bread will have more of a homemade biscuit texture and will only brown slightly on the top and around the bottom edges. Remove from the oven and tap the bottom of the bread. If it sounds hollow and empty it’s done.
- Slice, serve, & enjoy!
If gluten-free, try using oat flour or Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1 to 1.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 146.4 mg
- Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 5.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: no yeast bread, yeastless bread recipe, no yeast bread recipe, oil-free, no yeast bread recipe easy
Save this recipe & PIN IT here!