- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce (tamari if gluten-free)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 lemon to sprinkle after roasting (optional)
To Make The Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- While the oven preheats prep the asparagus by breaking off the ends. Simply bend at the bottom and the stalk will break where it needs to. You don’t want to eat this part. It’s very tough and unpleasant.
- Rinse the asparagus and place it in a large mixing bowl. Add the low-sodium soy sauce, low-sodium vegetable broth, and garlic powder and toss until all of the asparagus is covered. Then, evenly layout the asparagus on the baking sheet, sprink with salt and pepper if desired, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with lemon, and serve with tahini sauce. You can drizzle the tahini sauce over the asparagus and serve as an appetizer or snack.
To Make The Lemon Tahini Sauce
- Combine all the tahini sauce ingredients in glass jar or bowl and mix until everything is creamy and smooth.
- Serve as dipping sauce or drizzle over the aspsaragus.
Here is the nutrition info for the tahini sauce as it is not included in the nutrition information with the asparagus: Serving size is 2 Tbsp with 8g of fat and 92 calories.
Keywords: oven roasted asparagus, roasted asparagus, oil free, healthy, vegan, plant-based, vegan recipes