This Oven Roasted Asparagus with lemon tahini sauce is so quick and easy. Thick asparagus spears lightly seasoned with a little soy sauce, garlic powder, and freshly ground black pepper then roasted to perfection. Oil-free and absolutely delicious.
Guilty! You’ve probably noticed that my lasts few posts have been primarily soups and sides. That’s because I like building my holiday meals around side dishes. They allow me to fill my plate with lots of variety that’s both delicious and healthy. And, as we all know, nothing “smells” more like health than asparagus.
By itself, this roasted asparagus is a perfect holiday side dish or side dish, period. But, add this simple lemon tahini sauce and it’s major party food. You can finally tell aunt Rose to stop bring those crappy store-bought veggie platters with the nasty ranch dressing.
Let’s make some Oven Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Tahini Sauce and get this party started.
Can You Oven Roast Asparagus
Uh, yeah. It’s the only way you should be cooking asparagus.
Oven-roasted asparagus is easy, fast, and requires very little effort. It’s the best way to bring out the flavor with very few seasonings.
The spears get super tender while the ends get a little crunchy. So, when you see the stalks darken and the ends crisp, that’s not burning. That’s called “getting on the flavor train.”
You ain’t gonna get that experience from steaming your asparagus. Which I would NEVER do. Lord, have mercy.
How To Prepare Oven Roasted Asparagus
Get rid of the ends because they’re tough, woody, and not pleasant at all. But, thanks to the miracle of nature this process is super easy.
All you have to do is simply bend the asparagus near the bottom. The asparagus will actually break in the right place. That’s it! Now, just give them a quick rinse and get ready to roast.
How To Make Oven Roasted Asparagus
Layout the asparagus evenly on the baking sheet and season with a bit of freshly ground black pepper and a sprinkle of kosher salt if desired. Place the baking sheet in the oven and set the cooking time for 20 minutes.
You can make oven-roasted asparagus in half the time if you desire. But, I like roasting it longer so it gets super tender and the ends get extra crispy.
While the asparagus is cooking prepare the lemon tahini dressing. Simply combine all the ingredients into a glass bowl or jar and stir until everything is smooth and creamy.
Once the timer goes off remove the asparagus from the oven. Serve the oven-roasted asparagus with the lemon tahini sauce.
What Type Of Food Goes Well With Asparagus
This oven-roasted asparagus is great as a side for any holiday dish. It’s also great as an appetizer. Try serving it with some of these dishes…
- Chickpea Vegan Meatloaf
- Vegan Holiday Roast
- Creamy Vegan Scalloped Potatoes
- The Best Vegan Mashed Potatoes
More Oil Free Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Roasted Sweet Chili Cauliflower
- Holiday Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Oil-Free Oven Roasted Potatoes
You are going to love this Oven Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Tahini Sauce. It’s…
- Perfectly seasoned
- Tender & crispy
- & Delicious
Don’t forget to stock up on your parchment paper. It’s a must for oil-free cooking and makes cleanup so much easier.Print
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce (tamari if gluten-free)
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ lemon to sprinkle after roasting (optional)
To Make The Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- While the oven preheats prep the asparagus by breaking off the ends. Simply bend at the bottom and the stalk will break where it needs to. You don’t want to eat this part. It’s very tough and unpleasant.
- Rinse the asparagus and place it in a large mixing bowl. Add the low-sodium soy sauce, low-sodium vegetable broth, and garlic powder and toss until all of the asparagus is covered. Then, evenly layout the asparagus on the baking sheet, sprink with salt and pepper if desired, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with lemon, and serve with tahini sauce. You can drizzle the tahini sauce over the asparagus and serve as an appetizer or snack.
To Make The Lemon Tahini Sauce
- Combine all the tahini sauce ingredients in glass jar or bowl and mix until everything is creamy and smooth.
- Serve as dipping sauce or drizzle over the aspsaragus.
Here is the nutrition info for the tahini sauce as it is not included in the nutrition information with the asparagus: Serving size is 2 Tbsp with 8g of fat and 92 calories.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 53
- Sugar: 4.6 g
- Sodium: 154.7 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.3 g
- Fiber: 4.9 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: oven roasted asparagus, roasted asparagus, oil free, healthy, vegan, plant-based, vegan recipes