Oven Roasted Butternut Squash is easy to prepare and makes a great holiday side dish. It’s perfect for tossing into salads, bowls, or making Butternut Squash Soup. 30 minutes and 3 ingredients are all you need.
- 1 butternut squash (2–3 pounds)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Pinch of salt and pepper (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the butternut squash and cut into 1″ cubes. (see this video on How To Cut Butternut Squash, if needed)
- To a large mixing bowl, add the butternut squash cubes, maple syrup, spices, salt, and pepper. Toss with a wooden spoon or spatula until all the squash is evenly coated. Then, spread the squash out on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the squash and tender and slightly browned around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy the roasted butternut squash by itself as a side dish, toss it in salads, bowls, or even make a delicious healthy vegan Roasted Butternut Squash Soup.
- Roasted butternut squash leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. But, it is best when served fresh. Reheat at 350˚F in the oven until hot. This does not freeze well once it’s been cooked.
Roasted Butternut Squash is a great dish to make the day before you’re ready to serve it.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. But, it does not freeze well after baking.
Try using savory spices like chipotle chili powder, curry powder, and cajun seasoning.
Great for adding to salads, bowls, and making Roasted Butternut Squash Soup.
Keywords: roasted butternut squash, butternut squash cubes, oil-free, pan roasted butternut squash, oven roasted butternut squash