This Quinoa Black Bean Salad is super hearty. It’s perfect as a meal all by itself but goes nicely with the main course as well. Vegan, gluten free, loaded with protein, low-fat, and ready in 20 minutes!
For The Salad
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 15- ounce can low sodium or no salt added black beans
- 3/4 cup corn (fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (cooled)
- 1 5- ounce bag (or about 2–3 handfuls, Spring Mix salad (or any other favorite salad greens)
Southwest Tahini Sauce
- Make dressing by adding all ingredients to a small bowl and stir well to combine. If you need it a little thinner, add a Tbsp. of water at a time. Set aside.
- Dice bell peppers and onion and add to large bowl.
- Roughly chop cilantro and add to peppers and onions.
- Add black beans and corn and mix well.
- Add in your salad greens and toss well.
- Finally, add the quinoa and toss once more.
- When you’re ready to eat, drizzle with Southwest Tahini Sauce and enjoy!
Keywords: quinoa, black bean salad, quinoa black bean salad, tahini dressing