This Quinoa Black Bean Salad is super hearty. It’s perfect as a meal all by itself, but goes nicely with a main course as well. Vegan, gluten free, loaded with protein, low-fat, and ready in 20 minutes!
Do you think salads aren’t manly? You better check yourself, Johnson, because ain’t nothing weak about this Quinoa Black Bean Salad.
Honestly, I’ve never been a big salad guy. But, after reading about Erectile Dysfunction being a sign of cardiovascular problems my thoughts quickly changed!
Heart disease is bad enough. But, a limp noodle? No Bueno!
Don’t let the simplicity of this recipe fool you. This Quinoa Black Bean is a freak of nature. It’s an absolute flavor bomb. Off the charts healthy. And, it’s easy as hell to make.
The hardest thing about this recipe is pronouncing Quinoa.
How To Make Quinoa Black Bean Salad
A delicious spring mix is the base for this salad.
Next, just add a couple of chopped peppers along with the red onion. A little corn and cilantro. Some black beans for meatiness. Finally, quinoa. And, there’s your salad.
As great as this salad is all by itself, it just didn’t seem right to leave it naked. So, I whipped up this amazing tahini dressing to drizzle across the top. Oh, yeah. Pure heaven.
It also gives it a little bite. Remember, this is a manly salad.
Quinoa Black Bean Salad
It’s time to add more salad to your life, so make this Quinoa Black Bean Summer Salad. Because it’s…
- Loaded with protein
- Helping to “raise the flag” (if you know what I mean)
- Very manly
- Filled with flavor
- Super easy to make
- & Absolutely delicious
This Quinoa Black Bean Salad is perfect as a meal on its own. But, it’s also great to serve with a main dish.
For The Salad
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 15- ounce can low sodium or no salt added black beans
- 3/4 cup corn (fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (cooled)
- 1 5- ounce bag (or about 2-3 handfuls, Spring Mix salad (or any other favorite salad greens)
Southwest Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar (or you can use lemon juice if you prefer)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Make dressing by adding all ingredients to a small and stirring well to combine. If you need it a little thinner, add a Tbsp. of water at a time. Set aside.
- Dice bell peppers and onion and add to large bowl.
- Roughly chop cilantro and add to peppers and onions.
- Add black beans and corn and mix well.
- Add in your salad greens and toss well.
- Finally, add the quinoa and toss once more.
- When you're ready to eat, drizzle with Southwest Tahini Sauce and enjoy!
*Nutrition info includes the tahini dressing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302 Total Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 125mg Carbohydrates: 48g Fiber: 10g Sugar: 5g Protein: 13g