For The Dressing
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
For The Tofu Feta
- 1/2 of a 14-ounce block of firm or extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For The Salad
- 8 cups of watermelon cut into 1″ cubes
- 1/2 of an English cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Make the dressing. Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and maple syrup in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Make the tofu feta. Cut the tofu into small squares. Mix the lemon juice, water, vinegar, and Italian seasoning together in a small bowl. Add the tofu and let it sit anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours. The longer it sits, the more intense the flavor.
- Make the salad. Add the watermelon, cucumber, red onion, mint, and basil to a large bowl or serving platter with sides and gently toss to combine.
- Pour the dressing evenly on the watermelon salad and gently toss to combine. Crumble the tofu feta and sprinkle it on top of the salad. Garnish with extra mint and basil if desired and serve right away.
Leftover watermelon cucumber salad should be stored in an airtight container and will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Watermelon salad can be made 24 hours in advance and should be enjoyed the very next day. Keep in mind that cucumber and watermelon are mostly water so the longer the salad sits the less desirable it could become. Drain any excess water after letting it sit in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Vegan Salads, Vegan Side Dishes
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 76
- Sugar: 9.2 g
- Sodium: 106.3 mg
- Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan watermelon salad, summer salad recipes, easy vegan recipes, plant-based recipes, raw vegan recipes, gluten free, paleo, whole 30