This Tempeh Bacon is absolutely delicious and super easy to prepare. It’s sweet, savory, smoky, and delicious! Pile it high in sandwiches, on top of salads, or anywhere you’d normally put bacon.
- Add all marinade ingredients into a small bowl and mix well to combine. Then, pour into a container large enough that marinade and tempeh will just fit. Not too large, not too small.
- Carefully slice the tempeh into thin strips and place in the marinade, and make sure each piece is coated. Marinate for at least 20 minutes. If you can wait, let marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil.
- Layout tempeh on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, flip over, evenly pour the remaining marinade on the tempeh. Place tempeh back in oven and cook for another 15 minutes or until most of the marinade has evaporated. Cooking time will depend on oven.
Tempeh can have a somewhat “bitter” flavor to it, which I like. But, if you want a milder tempeh you can simply boil or steam it for about 10-15 minutes. Mellows it out.
Keywords: tempeh bacon, vegan bacon, sweet, savory, breakfast, vegan breakfast recipes, plant based breakfast recipes, plant based