- 2 cup raw cashews, boiled for 10 mins.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. mustard (yellow or dijon)
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 16 ounces of elbow or shell pasta of choice, ideally whole grain if possible
- Cook pasta according to the instruction on the package. But, be sure and not to overcook.
- Boil and drain the cashews. Add the cashews to your blender along with the almond milk, water, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, turmeric, salt, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Blend on high until the cheese sauce is smooth and creamy. Set aside until the pasta is ready.
- Drain and rinse the pasta once it’s finished cooking. Pour the pasta back into the pot, stir in the vegan cheese sauce, and mix until everything is well combined.
- Season to taste and serve immediately!
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: mac and cheese, vegan mac and cheese, plant based, healthy, thanksgiving, christmas, holiday, side dish