This is the BEST Vegan Mac And Cheese recipe! A creamy delicious vegan cheese sauce made with raw cashews and poured over tender pasta. It’s SO easy to make and ready to eat in no time.
Yeah, I know. Every food blogger at some point says one of their recipes is “the best.” But, in this case, I really believe it.
Why? Because that’s what my kids said about this recipe. So, I’m just gonna go with it. Honestly, I do believe this vegan mac and cheese is one of the best recipes out there. And, I would love for you to have the chance to experience it.
Are you ready? Let’s GO!
Does Vegan Mac and Cheese Taste Good
Are you kidding me?!? Yes, it is absolutely delicious. It’s creamy, smooth, tangy, and rich. Just like regular mac and cheese. Do you think I’d ever put something on here I thought sucked?
I love you too much.
How Do You Make Vegan Mac and Cheese
Start by cooking your pasta according to the instructions on the package. But, be sure and not to overcook. While the pasta is cooking, boil the cashews for about 10 minutes, and drain them. This will allow them to blend much easier and make them super creamy.
Now, add the cashews to your blender along with the unsweetened almond milk, water, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, turmeric, salt, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Blend everything on high until the cheese sauce is smooth and creamy.
Drain and rinse the pasta once it’s finished cooking. Pour the pasta back into the pot, stir in the vegan cheese sauce, and mix everything together. Now, just season to fit your taste and devour.
That’s it! The BEST Vegan Mac and Cheese even a non vegan will love!
Can I Make It Gluten Free
Yes, absolutely! The cheese sauce is already gluten-free so just use your favorite gluten free pasta to take it all the way. It’s that easy.
What To Serve With Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Vegan Parmesan
- Creamy Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- Green Bean Casserole with Onion Rings
- Sweet Potato Casserole
You will love this Vegan Mac & Cheese. It’s…
- Ultra Creamy
- Easy to make
- Perfect for the holidays
- A major comfort food
- Dairy free
- & THE BEST
Looking for Christmas gifts or just want to update your own kitchen? Check out these 20 Kitchen Must Haves For Healthy Vegan Cooking.Print
- 2 cup raw cashews, boiled for 10 mins.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. mustard (yellow or dijon)
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 16 ounces of elbow or shell pasta of choice, ideally whole grain if possible
- Cook pasta according to the instruction on the package. But, be sure and not to overcook.
- Boil and drain the cashews. Add the cashews to your blender along with the almond milk, water, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, turmeric, salt, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Blend on high until the cheese sauce is smooth and creamy. Set aside until the pasta is ready.
- Drain and rinse the pasta once it’s finished cooking. Pour the pasta back into the pot, stir in the vegan cheese sauce, and mix until everything is well combined.
- Season to taste and serve immediately!
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: mac and cheese, vegan mac and cheese, plant based, healthy, thanksgiving, christmas, holiday, side dish