These Vegan Carrot Hot Dogs are THE perfect plant-based alternative to regular hot dogs! Healthy, LOW-FAT, easy, whole, and great for the grill.
- 4–6 medium to large size carrots, peeled and cut to bun length
- Favorite hot dog buns or rolls
- 1 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup water or low-sodium veggie broth
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar (use extra apple cider vinegar if don’t have this)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp paprika or smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried ginger
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Make The Marinade
- Pour all ingredients into a bowl and whisk to combine.
To Cook In Instant Pot
- Preheat grill.
- Place carrots in your Instant Pot, pour the marinade over the carrots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the carrot dogs have finished cooking in the Instant Pot, use the quick release, remove them from the Instant Pot and throw them onto the grill. Cook the carrot dogs for 2-3 minutes per side or until you get those really cool grill marks. Use leftover marinade to baste carrot dogs as they cook.
- Remove your dogs and serve on your favorite hot dog bun or roll fixed any way you like.
- If you don’t plan on eating your carrot dogs right away remove them from the Instant Pot and store in the fridge with the marinade until you are ready.
If You Don’t Have An Instant Pot
- Boil carrots for 8-10 minutes or until just tender enough to pierce with a fork. YOU DON’T WANT THEM MUSHY! Then, drain and rinse them under cold water to stop them from cooking.
- Put the carrots in a gallon Ziploc bag or airtight container and pour the marinade over the carrots. Be sure they all get covered. Let them marinate in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours, but overnight is best.
- Remove and follow grill procedure mentioned above.
Don’t Want To Grill?
Prep and cooking time info is for the Instant Pot.
Nutritional info does not include bread or toppings.
Save leftover marinade to make more carrot dogs!
- Category: Party Food
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Vegan, American
Keywords: vegan, cookout, barbecue, entry, healthy, carrot, hot dog