This is seriously the BEST Vegan Cornbread recipe and so easy to make. It’s perfectly sweet, moist, tender, and comforting. The perfect side for chili, soups, and stews.
- Preheat oven to 400 F˚ and line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper. You could also use a nonstick or silicone baking pan.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl and whisk everything together.
- Add the maple syrup, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and aqufaba to the dry mix. Whisk until everything is combined but do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. The cornbread is done once you insert a toothpick into the middle and it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let the cornbread cool for a few minutes, then serve.
Aqufaba is the juice from a can of chickpeas. It takes the place of oil in this recipe. If you don’t have aquafaba you can use unsweetened apple sauce.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Fall, holidays, winter, side dish, cornbread, vegan cornbread, no oil, oil-free