This is seriously the BEST Vegan Cornbread recipe and so easy to make. It’s perfectly sweet, moist, tender, and comforting. The perfect side for chili, soups, and stews.
It doesn’t get much better than a slice of warm cornbread with a big bowl of chili on a crisp fall day. So, get ready for the best vegan cornbread recipe…EVER!
I wanted to create a healthy, no oil, vegan version of a classic favorite. And, mission accomplished. All you need is 1 bowl, less than 10 ingredients, and less than 30 minutes. It’s completely plant-based, oil-free, and the perfect side for chili and soup. Also, try having it as a snack with some of this Instant Pot Apple Butter. Heaven.
Are you ready? Let’s make the best vegan cornbread!
Table of Contents
How To Make Easy Vegan Cornbread
This recipe could not be any easier. You simply combine the ingredients, mix, dump into a pan, and bake. Let me show you.
- Combine the cornmeal, organic unbleached all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl and whisk. You could also use white whole wheat or whole wheat flour as well.
- Add the maple syrup, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and aquafaba (chickpea juice) to the dry ingredients and mix everything together until the batter is pretty smooth. But, DON’T overmix.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. The cornbread is done once you insert a toothpick into the middle and it comes out clean. Remove from the oven and give it a little time to cool down before you serve it. That’s it!
Vegan Cornbread Q & A
Can I Make This Into Muffins?
- Absolutely! Simply add the batter to a nonstick muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. The muffins are ready when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
Can I Make Gluten-Free Vegan Cornbread?
- Yes! I prefer Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Baking Flour in place of regular flour.
How Do I Store Leftovers?
You can store any leftovers in the fridge, freezer, or even on the counter. Here’s how you do it.
- Counter Top: You can keep on the counter for about 4-5 days, covered.
- Fridge: Store in the refrigerator for a week.
- Freezer: You can freeze this cornbread for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy simply let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then warm it up in the oven or microwave.
What Do I Serve With Vegan Cornbread
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot Vegan Chili
- Easy Vegan BBQ Baked Beans
- Easy Instant Pot Cabbage
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
- Smear it with this Instant Pot Apple Butter
You will love this Easy Vegan Cornbread recipe. It’s…
- Easy to make
- Sweet, but not too sweet
- Crisp around the edges
If you would like to know more about oil-free baking check out this article, Healthy Oil Replacements In Baking.Print
- Preheat oven to 400 F˚ and line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper. You could also use a nonstick or silicone baking pan.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl and whisk everything together.
- Add the maple syrup, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and aqufaba to the dry mix. Whisk until everything is combined but do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. The cornbread is done once you insert a toothpick into the middle and it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let the cornbread cool for a few minutes, then serve.
Aqufaba is the juice from a can of chickpeas. It takes the place of oil in this recipe. If you don’t have aquafaba you can use unsweetened apple sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 25 mins.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 73.5 mg
- Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.9 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Fall, holidays, winter, side dish, cornbread, vegan cornbread, no oil, oil-free