Vegan Hash Brown Casserole is so easy to make, cheesy, and the perfect holiday side dish! You can make it with frozen hashbrowns and throw it together in just minutes. Absolute comfort food!
- 30-ounce bag frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- (1) 12-ounce box Mori-Nu Extra Firm Silken Tofu
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚F
- Dump the potatoes into a large mixing bowl with peppers and onion.
- Add all the cheese sauce ingredients to a blender and process until completely smooth.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the potatoes, peppers, and onions. Use a large spoon or rubber spatula and stir until everything is mixed and well combined.
- Add the mixture to a 9×13 nonstick baking dish or line one with parchment paper. Place in the oven and bake, uncovered, for 50 mins. to 1 hour.
You can freeze the hashbrown casserole before baking it or after it has already been baked and cooled. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil the freeze for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to cook simply thaw in the refrigerator before baking or reheating.
Try adding other veggies liked steamed broccoli, mushrooms, peas. It’s delicious.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 176
- Sugar: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 145.5 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 4.1 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan hash brown casserole, vegan breakfast casserole, hashbrown casserole