The best Vegan Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread Muffins! They’re easy to make, a little sweet with some heat, and wonderfully “cheesy.” These vegan cornbread muffins pair perfectly with your favorite chili or soup and bake up so tender and moist.
Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 10 minutes in hot water)
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cup organic unbleached flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup Shane & Simple Vegan Buttermilk
- 1/3 cup aquafaba (chickpea juice)
- Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn (can sub fresh or canned)
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeños
Make The Cheese Sauce
- Drain the cashews and add to your blender along with remaining cheese sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
To Make The Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375˚F and line a muffin tin with paper liners or use a nonstick muffin pan.
- To a large mixing bowl add the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk everything together.
- Add the vegan buttermilk, aquafaba, cheddar cheese sauce, and maple syrup to the dry ingredients. Stir until everything is just mixed together. Don’t overmix. Then, fold in the corn and diced jalapeõs until well combined.
- Line a muffin pan with large baking cups and spoon equal amounts of batter into the muffin pan holes. Place in the oven and bake for 22 minutes. Use a toothpick or small knife to check for doneness. Simply insert and if it comes out clean the cornbread muffins are done.
- Let the muffins cool for a few minutes before removing. Enjoy!
Leftovers can be kept for up to 5 days in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge.
These muffins freeze well. Wrap them individually and store for up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 3.3 g
- Sodium: 218.9 mg
- Fat: 6.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.9 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 6.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan corn muffins, vegan cornbread, vegan cornbread muffins, jalapeño cheddar corn muffins