Vegan Pepper Steak With Onions. Tender strips of soy curls, sliced bell pepper, and savory onions cooked in a delicious Asian inspired brown sauce. Serve over rice for one of the easiest, most delicious, healthy, and unforgettable meals.
For the Pepper Steak
- 1/2 an 8-ounce bag of Butler Soy Curls
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced into medium strips
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into medium strips
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2–3 Tbsp. of water for cooking, if necessary
- Salt to taste
For The Sauce
- Preheat a nonstick skillet on a medium heat.
- Place the soy curls in a bowl and cover with water for 8 minutes. While the soy curls are soaking in the water slice the bell peppers and onion.
- Once the pan is completely heated add the onions and cook them until they are soft and begin to slightly brown. Add 1-2 Tbsp. of the water, if needed, to prevent them from sticking. Add the bell peppers, mix with onions, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Assemble the brown sauce while the peppers and onion cook and set aside.
- Drain the soy curls, add them to the skillet with the peppers and onion, and toss to combine everything. Season with the black pepper and salt. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the brown sauce into the skillet, make sure everything is coated, and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot over rice or enjoy by itself.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 97
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 389.8 mg
- Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.7 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: pepper steak, vegan pepper steak, low-fat, healthy, asian, easy, plant-based, oil-free, pepper steak with onions, soy curls, butler soy curls