Vegan Pepper Steak With Onions made with Butler soy curls, sliced bell pepper, and savory onions cooked in a delicious Asian inspired brown sauce. Serve over rice for one of the easiest, most delicious, healthy, and unforgettable meals.
The next time you feel tempted to skip the cooking and order take-out, just don’t. Make this vegan pepper steak recipe instead. It’s tastier, far less expensive, healthier, and quicker than delivery.
Yes, you can enjoy a restaurant-quality meal in less than 30 minutes without leaving your home or going broke. Plus, you’re sure to impress the hell out of whoever is around at the time. This recipe will do that for you – if that’s your thing.
Ready? Let’s make some Vegan Pepper Steak with Onions!
How To Make Vegan Pepper Steak With Onions
This is one of the easiest, and healthiest, vegan pepper steak recipes. It uses very simple ingredients and comes together in less than 30 minutes including prep time.
Once the pan is ready, add the onions and cook them until they’re slightly brown and soft. This usually takes about 4-5 minutes. Then, toss in the bell peppers let them cook for 2-3 minutes.
While the onions and peppers cook you can prepare the brown sauce and set it aside so it will be ready to go.
This brown sauce is super easy to make, but it’s absolutely essential to the recipe. And, delicious!
Now, add in your soy curls to the peppers and onion. Toss everything to make sure it’s mixed together and season with a little salt and pepper. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
Finally, pour the brown sauce into the skillet, make sure everything is coated, and stir until the sauce thickens.
That’s it! Delicious Vegan Pepper Steak with Onions. Serve this Vegan pepper steak and rice together for a truly delicious and satisfying meal.
Want More Soy Curl Recipes
You are going to love this Vegan Pepper Steak recipe. It’s…
- Mildly sweet
- Easy to prepare
Needing some help equipping your kitchen? Check out 20 Kitchen Must Haves For Healthy Vegan Oil-Free Cooking.Print
Vegan Pepper Steak With Onions. Tender strips of soy curls, sliced bell pepper, and savory onions cooked in a delicious Asian inspired brown sauce. Serve over rice for one of the easiest, most delicious, healthy, and unforgettable meals.
For the Pepper Steak
- 1/2 an 8-ounce bag of Butler Soy Curls
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced into medium strips
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into medium strips
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2–3 Tbsp. of water for cooking, if necessary
- Salt to taste
For The Sauce
- Preheat a nonstick skillet on a medium heat.
- Place the soy curls in a bowl and cover with water for 8 minutes. While the soy curls are soaking in the water slice the bell peppers and onion.
- Once the pan is completely heated add the onions and cook them until they are soft and begin to slightly brown. Add 1-2 Tbsp. of the water, if needed, to prevent them from sticking. Add the bell peppers, mix with onions, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Assemble the brown sauce while the peppers and onion cook and set aside.
- Drain the soy curls, add them to the skillet with the peppers and onion, and toss to combine everything. Season with the black pepper and salt. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the brown sauce into the skillet, make sure everything is coated, and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot over rice or enjoy by itself.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: pepper steak, vegan pepper steak, low-fat, healthy, asian, easy, plant-based, oil-free, pepper steak with onions, soy curls, butler soy curls