This Vegan Pumpkin Bread is so easy to make, perfectly moist, and completely oil-free. Made in 1 bowl with cozy Fall spices and dark chocolate chips, it’s the only pumpkin bread recipe you’ll ever need.
- (1) 15-ounce can of pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed (flax meal)
- 1 1/2 cups organic unbleached flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda (NOT baking powder)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla, and unsweetened applesauce together in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for chocolate chips, to pumpkin mixture and stir together until everything is well combined.
- If using chocolate chips, fold into batter.
- Pour mixture into a nonstick loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes. If you don’t have a nonstick pan, you can line with parchment paper. If you do use a cooking spray, just lightly mist the pan.
- The loaf is done when a knife tester is inserted into the center and comes out clean, except for a few chocolate chips.
- Category: Sweets
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan pumpkin bread, vegan pumpkin bread recipe