- 2 flax eggs
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon Shane & Simple pumpkin spice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 can (15-ounce) 100% pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375˚F degrees and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Prepare the flax eggs and set them aside.
- In a large bowl add the flour, dark brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin spice, and salt and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl add the flax eggs, pumpkin purée, applesauce, maple syrup, milk, vanilla extract, and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together. Do not over mix! Stir until everything is just incorporated into the batter. (If using any add-ins, fold them into the batter now)
- Fill each muffin cup to the rim. If you like, you can sprinkle with oats for decoration but totally not necessary.
- Bake the muffins on the center rack for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes then move to a wire rack. Cool slightly and serve warm.
Let the muffins cool in the pan. Allow five minutes for the muffins to cool slightly before you pop them out of the tin and move them to a wire rack. But, watch the timer because longer than 5 minutes could result in soggy muffins.
Do not use coconut flour or almond flour for this recipe. You won’t get a good result.
Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour is a good option for making these muffins gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 20 mins.
- Category: Vegan Breakfast Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 9.3 g
- Sodium: 133.2 mg
- Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.9 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan pumpkin muffins, moist, healthy vegan muffins, pumpkin spice muffins, fall recipes, fall flavor, pumpkin flavor