Super simple vegan spinach artichoke dip that will please any crowd. Creamy, hearty, and absolutely delicious. Awesome addition to any party, game day, or solo snacking.
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 5 ounces fresh spinach or 1 cup chopped frozen spinach
- 14-ounce package firm tofu (NOT SILKEN, drained)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3–4 tablespoons lemon juice. (I would suggest you start with less and then add as you go. I tend to like my dip with a little “zip”)
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning (you an also use 1 1/2 tsp oregano / 1 1/2 tsp. basil)
- 15-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook with 1-2 Tbsp. of water or veggie stock, if needed to prevent sticking, and cook until soft. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted. If using frozen spinach, cook until spinach is warm. After spinach and onions are cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- Blend tofu, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, Italian seasoning and salt in food processor until smooth. You may have to stop and scrape down this sides.
- Add artichokes and spinach to food processor with tofu mixture and pulse several times until all ingredients are combined. But, leave it a little chunky!
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper and add mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle parmesan on top. Place spinach artichoke dip back in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and serve with toasted bread, veggies or my healthy Homemade Tortilla Chips.
FYI, this is not freezer friendly. However, it will keep in the fridge for a few days.
Keywords: spinach artichoke dip, vegan spinach artichoke dip, vegan cheese, party food