Simple and amazing Vegan Spinach Artichoke dip si nut-free and will make any crowd happy. Creamy, hearty, cheesy, low-fat, healthy, and delicious!
Spinach artichoke dip is one food that must be present at all parties and gatherings. Hell, spinach artichoke dip is the definition of party grub! Sadly it’s usually filled with butter, cheese, and a bunch of other unnecessary crap. That is…until now.
Here’s a Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip that’s rewriting the rules and setting the new standard. This dip recipe is proof positive you can nosh on some serious party grub without destroying your heart in the process.
If you’re looking for an ultra-creamy version try my Vegan Spinach Artichoke dip made with cashews.
Ready to make it happen? Let’s go!
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip Ingredients
I think you’ll be surprised how easy and quickly this dip comes together.
Artichoke Hearts: Don’t be a hero and try to harvest your own. Too complicated. The stuff in the can is perfect and it’s available year round. You need a 15-ounce can. Be sure to rinse and drain.
Spinach, Onion & Garlic: Spinach, onion and garlic has to be one of the best combinations on the planet. I like using fresh spinach, but frozen works just as well. USE WHAT YOU GOT!
Nutritional Yeast: I can’t say enough about this stuff. It’s a vegan cheese dream. It’s loaded with B-vitamins and won’t clog your arteries like that block of cow wax.
Lemon Juice: Self-explanatory.
How To Make Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
Cook onions and spinach: Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Toss in your onions and cook until they’re soft. Feel free to use a couple tablespoons of water if needed to prevent them from sticking. Next, add your spinach and cook until it’s all wilted. If you’re using frozen spinach, cook long enough for it to heat up.
Tofu, lemon juice, yeast, garlic & spices: Throw all these ingredients into your food processor and blend until everything is super smooth. You may have to stop and scrape down the sides as you go. But, it’s a small price to pay for what you are about to experience.
Grind it all together: Once your spinach and onions are done, add to the food processor with the tofu mixture along with the artichoke hearts. Pulse a few times to get it fairly smooth, but leave some chunks.
Baking: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking dish with parchment paper or use a nonstick baking dish. Remember, we don’t cook with oil at Shane & Simple. Silicone baking pans are also great for nonstick cooking and baking!
Add the mixture to your baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. Next, remove the dip from the oven and sprinkle my Plant-based Parmesan on top of the vegan spinach artichoke dip. Place it back in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
That’s it! Now, just let it sit for a few minutes so you don’t burn the roof of your mouth. Once it’s cooled for a few minutes…GO CRAZY! Enjoy this amazing vegan spinach artichoke dip with toasted bread, whole wheat pitas, my healthy tortilla chips or fresh veggies.
You and your friends will go crazy over this delicious Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip. It’s…
- Simple to make
- A major comfort food
- & Delicious
Want more dips and spreads that make amazing party foods? Check out my:
- Smoky Bacon Flavored Hummus
- Amazing Vegan Cheese Dip
- Creamy Smooth Oil-Free Hummus
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Hummus
- Cashew Sour Cream
Did you make this dish? Be sure and let me know! Leave a comment, RATE IT, and tag a photo #shaneandsimple on Instagram.Print
Super simple vegan spinach artichoke dip that will please any crowd. Creamy, hearty, and absolutely delicious. Awesome addition to any party, game day, or solo snacking.
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 5 ounces fresh spinach or 1 cup chopped frozen spinach
- 14-ounce package firm tofu (NOT SILKEN, drained)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ¾ cup nutritional yeast
- 3–4 tablespoons lemon juice. (I would suggest you start with less and then add as you go. I tend to like my dip with a little “zip”)
- 1 tablespoon. Italian seasoning (you an also use 1 ½ teaspoon oregano / 1 ½ teaspoon. basil)
- 15-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook with 1-2 tablespoon of water or veggie stock, if needed to prevent sticking, and cook until soft. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted. If using frozen spinach, cook until spinach is warm. After spinach and onions are cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- Blend tofu, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, Italian seasoning and salt in food processor until smooth. You may have to stop and scrape down this sides.
- Add artichokes and spinach to food processor with tofu mixture and pulse several times until all ingredients are combined. But, leave it a little chunky!
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper and add mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle parmesan on top. Place spinach artichoke dip back in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and serve with toasted bread, veggies or my healthy Homemade Tortilla Chips.
FYI, this is not freezer friendly. However, it will keep in the fridge for a few days.
- Serving Size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 93
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 206.9 mg
- Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 4.9 g
- Protein: 9.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: spinach artichoke dip, vegan spinach artichoke dip, vegan cheese, party food