The BEST Vegan Taco Meat is made with cauliflower, mushrooms, walnuts, and spices. It’s so easy to make and ready in only 20 minutes. The perfect vegan ‘meat’ substitute.
- 1 12-ounce bag of riced cauliflower or one small head of cauliflower
- 4–5 chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 3 Tbs low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper for a little heat (optional)
- Preheat large nonstick skillet on medium high heat
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until you get a “ground beef” consistency and everything is well combined.
- Pour mixture into skillet and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low-medium and cook for another 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and season as you go in order to fit your taste.
- Remove from heat and build tacos with corn or flour tortillas and favorite toppings.
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 37
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 127.7 mg
- Fat: 2.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.5 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan taco meat, vegan taco meat cauliflower, vegan taco meat walnuts, vegan tacos, vegetarian taco filling